- 1.2 - NEW SCHOOL BOARD MEMBERS - Administer Oath of Office for newly elected board members Steve Holloway and Dan Kroupa.
- 3.1 - DROPOUT RATE UPDATE - The Dropout Data Analysis/Comparison shows that the district is having a higher dropout rate than last year which is almost double to what it was in 2010/2011 (1.23%). For the 2012/2013 school year to date, the Fox High School dropout rate is 2.94% and the Seckman High School dropout rate is 1.04%. The District dropout rate is 1.99%.
- 3.3 - JEFFCO INTERSECTION IMPROVEMENTS - The City of Arnold is asking the school district to share in the cost of an engineering study for improvements to make the Jeffco intersection safer for pedestrian traffic. MODOT currently has budgeted money to do improvements along Jeffco in FY15 and this study is essential if it is to be part of the improvements. The city is asking us to pay for half of the study which will cost about $80,000.
- 3.4 - ADDITIONAL OFFICE SPACE FOR FOX SERVICE CENTER - In order to free up needed classroom space at Seckman High School (SHS), we will be making a series of moves which requires 4 office spaces to be built at the Service Center in the area just outside the main lobby. District Diagnostics will be moving out of SHS and into the area currently occupied by Food Service and CKC. Food Service, CKC, Nursing Director and Safety/Security Director will move to the Service Center. ICS (contractor for A/C and D/E zones) will be performing the framing and finishing of this area.
- 4.5 - BID APPROVALS - Bond Funds will be used to purchase 4 new vehicles for the district fleet and lighting will be replaced using loan funds from the Department of Natural Resources.
- 4.7 - NEW FOX HIGH SCOREBOARD - Recommendation is made by the administrators that the Board of Education approve the scoreboard as presented for the Fox High football field. The cost of the new scoreboard is only $287,000. From the board packet notes, it is difficult to tell if the district will pay for the sign and receive the commission on the advertisements or if the district won't have to pay for the sign at all and Daktronics receives the first 5 years of advertising fees at a 10% higher advertising rate (meaning no out of pocket cost to the district).
- 5.1 - CONSENT GROUPING FOR ACTION - BUSINESS - PAYMENT OF BILLS - Since our school board did not post the Bill Payments on the district website again this month, the only way to obtain a copy of what the board is approving at this time is to submit a Missouri Sunshine Law request for the bill payment listing. The district has 3 business days to respond to your Sunshine Law Request and can charge you a fee to obtain that information. It should be noted that in the past, I have been provided with the bill payments with each board meeting packet I requested under a Missouri Sunshine Law Request.
The most recent reason as to why the district is not posting the payments is the one I received from Ruth Ann Newman in an email on Monday March 18, 2013. Mrs. Newman wrote that, "Right now, we felt like this was a privacy issue--not for the employees, but for the students. Someone is checking to see what other districts are doing and why, or why not." When I asked our school board to post this information at the August 2011 school board meeting, superintendent Dianne Brown (now Critchlow) told me that the district didn't have a full time person to maintain our website like other school districts do. She said that Fox chooses to put its money into the classroom instead. You almost get the feeling that the district is trying to hide things. Why is the district so unwilling to publish this information? If you really want the information, the district is going to make you pay for that information by submitting a Missouri Sunshine Law Request. Does that seem like the right thing to do for a school district that likes to flaunt their Character Education traits everywhere such as: Responsibility, Honesty, Integrity and Respect?